Thursday, October 11, 2012

Expansion of the piggy empire: Boxes!





I always thought the space under the cage was wasted. This cage did come with a steel frame with wheels on which it would be elevated off the ground. I got stuck trying to work out a safe ramp system back up to the cage, so the idea of elevating the cage fell by the wayside. Until now (dun dun duun!). Recently, I picked up some planks from the side of the road (off cut bits that someone doing construction has thrown away). They elevated the cage just enough for a guinea pig to fit underneath, so snug hidey holes they became. Not the airy running space I had previously imagined, but the girls seem to really enjoy this new arrangement. Now they have a new (more inaccessible) place to hide from me! I got a horrible cramp trying to get Sylbie out for their afternoon graze...

Now that it cage is higher, a ramp re-design is needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment